Test Analyst (contract)
The Hague, Netherlands
Salary: €350 - €400
posted on 06.02.19
Technical Test Analyst - The Hague
This is a genuinely fantastic opportunity to work for one of the most prestigious EU Institutions in Netherlands.
These are long term contracts with a very high chance of renewal. The longer you work there, the more valuable you become and this means that you could stay there for years.
You will not only be using the latest technologies but you will also be in a more relaxed working environment where your work-life balance is respected!
In addition, they are not just looking for a standard test analyst; they want people who can make a contribution to the team, who can bring new ideas and who can continue to learn and improve.
For this role, you should have at least 5 recent years of experience in conducting functional testing with a focus on designing, coding and executing automated API tests of REST services
The Test & Quality Assurance team within our client's ICT Solution Delivery unit needs to perform additional testing activities on various projects mainly related to automated functional testing of new /updated functionality on in-house developed core-systems (or other systems developed by an external supplier).
The DevOps principle "continuous testing" is applied using for GUI testing Selenium WebDriver with C# unit test and other testing tools for REST-API testing as part of CI/CD. The consultancy services include also non-functional testing regarding quality characteristics of the application under test, such as Efficiency (performance), Reliability (e.g. backup/restore, fault tolerance, etc.), install ability and may include also data migration aspects.
Our client is actively looking for one Consultant to design/execute such testing activities.
* Design and execute automated and manual test scripts
* Conduct independent test analysis, design and execution of automated functional and technical tests using available testing tools at our client's premises
* Design, code and execute new automated GUI tests based on a test automation framework using C#/Selenium WebDriver running in Continuous Integration
* Design, code and execute new automated tests of REST APIs running in Continuous Integration
* Design/execute non-functional testing with respect to Technical ICT security, performance and reliability of applications
* Contribute to acceptance testing (UAT/OAT) of in-house / outsourced developed applications based on commercial-off-the-shelf products
* Design/execute non-functional testing with respect to efficiency, reliability, monitoring or maintainability of applications;
* Working knowledge of English (level B2)
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting functional testing
* To pass this requirement, the candidate must at least have experience in 2 out of the 3 following testing requirements:
* Either - (i) a minimum 6 months of experience in conducting performance testing of web applications / services - OR - (ii) a minimum 6 months of experience in conducting (security) penetration testing of web applications / services - OR - (iii) a minimum 6 months of experience in conducting reliability, backup & restore or disaster recovery testing
* A minimum of 1 year of experience in designing, coding and executing automated API tests of REST services
* A minimum of 1 year of experience in designing, coding and executing automated regression tests using a re-usable test automation framework and tools, such as Selenium WebDriver or equivalent
* A minimum of 6 months of experience in coding and executing unit/integration tests using a unit test framework, such as nUnit, MsTest, xUnit or equivalent
* A minimum of 6 months of experience in designing, coding and executing automated tests on applications based on a micro-service architecture or running in containers
* A minimum of 6 months of experience in organizing/contributing to acceptance testing (UAT/OAT) of internally/externally developed applications
* Knowledge of testing on system and acceptance test level using dynamic, static and experience-based test techniques.
* Knowledge of how to:
o determine suitable test approaches;
o compose suitable Test Documentation;
o define suitable acceptance criteria;
o review structurally work products from other teams.
* Knowledge of how to design, code and execute functional automated tests on applications based on a micro-service architecture or running in containers
* Knowledge of how to conduct performance testing of web applications/services
* Knowledge of how to conduct (security) penetration testing of web applications / services
* Knowledge of how to conduct reliability, backup & restore or disaster recovery testing
* Knowledge of ISEB/ISTQB13 terminology, (demonstrated by passing the relevant certification exam(s))
If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch as soon as possible so we can talk about the role and your experience.
Technical Test Analyst - The Hague