IT Security and Network Administrator (contract)
Salary: €500 - €550
posted on 14.03.19
Senior IT Security Administrator and Network Expert - Cologne
This is a genuinely fantastic opportunity to work for one of the most prestigious EU Institutions in Germany.
These are long term contracts with a very high chance of renewal. The longer you work there, the more valuable you become and this means that you could stay there for years.
You will not only be using the latest technologies but you will also be in a more relaxed working environment where your work-life balance is respected!
In addition, they are not just looking for a standard IT Consultant; they want people who can make a contribution to the team, who can bring new ideas and who can continue to learn and improve.
For this role, you should have at least 7 recent years of experience in IT with a focus on network security and systems administration.
* Take responsibility of the all tasks related to our Client's following environment:
o reverse and forward Proxy environment and Web Filtering
o internal and external firewalls based on Cisco and Fortinet
o centralized log environment
o SIEM environment
* Manage Symantec SEP environment;
* Perform daily operation of network and endpoint firewalls;
* Planning upgrades and maintenance patching of all security related infrastructure;
* Assist our Client in drafting operational security related policy and guidelines;
* Configuration management and documentation;
* Perform incident and problem management process in his/her area of competence in accordance with the procedures in place;
* Act as back office technical reference in his/her area of competence
* Opening and follow up of cases with vendors;
* Forensics Analysis;
* Liaise with/support the IT Security Officer and implement the applicable IT Security Policies.
Your experience and qualifications
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar such as engineering, mathematics, informatics etc.;
* Min. 7 years of work experience in the domain, or 10 years if no Bachelor in relevant field;
* Proven experience in implementation of ITIL Best Practices;
* Proven expertise in managing security solutions and components from the major vendors (Cisco, F5, Fortinet, Symantec, Microsoft, Open source…);
* Strong expertise in recent security standards and technologies;
* Proven expertise in technologies required to carry out tasks described above;
* Proven experience in troubleshooting end users and applicative problems related to security;
* Forensics analysis;
* Proven experience in Writing documentations for design, roll-out, troubleshooting and maintenance operations;
* Hands on experience in designing, developing and implementing IDAM solutions from different Vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle);
* Identity Governance and Administration, Single Sign-On, Provisioning Federated Identity, Multi-factor Authentication, Privileged Access Management, Password Management;
* Ability to work with Senior Technical and Operations staff in order to define a strategy for delivering Identity & Access services;
* Able to deliver a cohesive blueprint for delivery of Identity & Access Services to include technology options;
* Excellent communications skills, including the ability to produce clear and concise memos, give technical explanations and present recommendations and status reports in user friendly language;
* English Language level of C1 or equivalent;
If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch as soon as possible so we can talk about the role and your experience.
Senior IT Security Architect and Network Expert - Cologne