Java Developer (contract)
Salary: €440 - €490
posted on 19.03.19
Full Stack Java Developer - Brussels
This is a genuinely fantastic opportunity to work for one of the most prestigious EU Institutions in Belgium.
These are long term contracts with a very high chance of renewal. The longer you work there, the more valuable you become and this means that you could stay there for years.
You will not only be using the latest technologies but you will also be in a more relaxed working environment where your work-life balance is respected!
In addition, they are not just looking for a standard software developer; they want people who can make a contribution to the team, who can bring new ideas and who can continue to learn and improve.
For this role, you should have at least 8 recent years of experience in IT with a focus on analysis and development in Java/JEE environments.
* Architecture and design of information systems,
* Review of the architecture of existing systems,
* Design and development of component architecture and building blocks,
* Analysis of the integration of different information systems,
* Data analysis and data modelling,
* Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture,
* Assistance and participation in the analysis of requirements, prototyping, development of new functionalities, maintenance of applications, integration of technological components, testing, deployment,
* Production of technical documentation and user documentation (in English),
* Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users.
Your knowledge and qualifications
* Master Degree in IT or related field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in IT OR Bachelor Degree in IT or related field with a minimum of 13 years of experience in IT
* Minimum 7 years of working experience in analysis and development in Java/JEE environments
* Minimum 5 years in analysis and development in Service Oriented environments and with Spring framework (Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC)
* Minimum 4 years of experience in SOAP/REST Web services, Products/ Tools Application Server (Tomcat/ WebLogic)
* Minimum 3 years in using Eclipse
* Hands-on experience with at least 2 out of the following: Sonar, Jenkins, Git, JUnit, Selenium, Activiti, EHCache, ActiveMQ, logback
* Experience with Angular2 will be considered a strong plus
* Very good written and spoken English is required
If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch as soon as possible so we can talk about the role and your experience.
Full Stack Java Developer - Brussels
Why an EU Institution?
Paradise for IT contractors
If you are going to freelance, then an EU institution is one of the best places to be. They like people to stay a long time - this is partly because EU Institutions are complex organisations so the longer you are there, the more valuable you become to them. This means the contracts almost always renew for the long term!
Boost your CV
You will be working with the latest technologies on challenging IT projects that address major issues that you read about in the news every day: climate change, migration, safety and security, trade, economy growth, mobile communication, digital Europe, Brexit to name but a few.
Your chance to make a difference and contribute to Europe's future
You will not work to increase a company's profit but to improve the lives of more than five hundred million European citizens. This is a challenge and a privilege, every day.
Diverse and International working environment
You will work with talented colleagues from all EU Member States. The multinational, multilingual working environment is very enriching and stimulating.